Douglas Students' Union
As a Douglas College student, you are a member of the Douglas Students' Union (DSU). The DSU has offices and elected representatives at both the David Lam and New Westminster campuses, as well as a student union building at the New Westminster campus.
The DSU offers a variety of events throughout the year to enrich the student experience, including: political/social campaigns, pub nights and dances, free lunches and pancake breakfasts and issue awareness campaigns.
The union also provides:
- Free day-planners (good for the whole academic year)
- Student Lounge (pool tables, study space and more)
- Discounted Copy & Fax services
- Locker Rentals
- Free International Student ID Cards (good for world-wide travel discounts)
- Health & Dental Plan
- Pride Centre
- Disability Resource Centre
- Free Meeting Space (for meetings, study groups, events, etc.)
- Charters Clubs & Associations (common interests and provision for match funding)
- Student Advocacy
In addition, through membership in the Canadian Federation of Students, members have the opportunity to work on provincial and national political, social and education issues such as tuition fee freezes and reductions and a national system of grants and improvements to the students' assistance appeals process.
For information on how you can get involved with your DSU, please see the Douglas Students' Union website, call 604.527.5110, or drop by either of the campus offices.